Campus Recreation offers quality bicycle rentals at a low price! Bike to all your favorite places in Chicago on one of our six Cruisers. We are conveniently located just blocks from the 18-mile Lakefront Trail and have immediate access to safe bike lanes. Suggested bike routes and safety information can be found on the City of Chicago Bicycling website. Bikes can also be taken on trains and buses; please refer to the Bike & Ride website for information.
Policies and Payment Procedures
- Unisex Cruiser bikes can be rented by current DePaul students, faculty, and staff. Patrons must bring a valid DePaul ID and must have a valid credit card to rent a bike.
- Bikes are $10 per day to rent. The time of the day the bike is rented does not alter the cost.
- Bikes may be rented daily starting at 9 am, first-come, first-served.
- Bikes MUST BE RETURNED to the Ray Meyer Fitness & Recreation Center no later than 7 pm on the day of rental.
- Bikes returned up to 30 minutes late will be charged a $25 late fee.
- Bikes not returned before the Ray closes will be charged a $50 late fee.
- Bikes not returned the following day will be charged for the entire cost of the equipment (please note that if you attempt to return a rental after hours, you should keep the bike in your possession until you can properly check the equipment in. DO NOT lock your bike to the racks outside the building - you will be responsible for any stolen items.)
- A DePaul student, faculty, or staff member renting a bike may rent one (1) bike for a non-affiliated guest. Guest riders must be 18 years old and must accompany the host and have valid identification to rent the bike. Both bikes will be rented to the host.
- Each bike will be rented with a U-Lock and cable lock at no extra charge.
- Patrons are required to use both locks when renting the bike to reduce the chance of theft. Upon checking out your bike, you will receive instructional information on the proper way to lock your bike. If you need additional information, please ask the attendant. Patrons are responsible for the full cost of the bike in the event of damage, loss, or theft. Should this occur, the credit card on file will be charged.
- Helmets and bike lights are available at no additional charge and you are encouraged to use them. The credit card on file will be charged up to the full cost of the item for helmets or lights that are lost, stolen, or damaged.